Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Prayer Request!!!!

I stole this picture off Karis myspace page!!

One of my childhood friends is in need of some major prayer warriors right now in her life. She just recently had her 2nd child 9 weeks ago. He was born a healthy little boy until he became extremely ill. The first to happen was his uvula (the dangly thing in the back of your throat) was too long and placid, preventing him of breathing normally. They took him to Arkansas Childrens Hospital to resolve this problem with surgery, where he was then placed in a room with a baby with RSV. Everyone knows that RSV is a fatal infant respiratory infection. Well due to this he then came down with RSV. Everything seemed to be going very well until he started having really bad reflux. They then took him back to the doctor to find that his esophagus was wrapped and he needed two surgeries on his stomach to strengthen the lining. This poor family had been through so much. They werent getting the answers they wanted/needed at childrens so they took him to Childrens in Shreveport, LA. Yesterday afternoon about 3:30 they received the worst news that a parent could ever receive. They were told by the doctors that their 9 week old perfect little boy had LEUKEMIA. We are all so devastated. They got him on a breathing tube about midnight last night and air-flighted him to St.Judes this morning.


There are two types of this certain cancer, ALL and AML. They are going to rebiopsy his bone marrow to make sure but they are thinking that he may have ALL which is the better of the prognosis. After saying all this, I am asking that you say a prayer of healing and faith for this family. I just dont know what I would do if I was in this position. Prayer is what they need and prayer is all I am asking for...

4 comments:

Mich said...

Praying...

My heart goes out to your friends.

The Perry Family said...

oh my gosh! that poor family. i will definately keep them in my prayers.

RADstitches said...

Jenny, I emailed you. Did you get it? The baby is NOT at St Jude's right now.. he is at Children's. He will be transerred to St Jude's tomorrow. They are having to hold off today because of the weather. They did another test today and he for sure has Lukemia Anyway, maybe your email address is different I don't know. Let me know, and I can send you the other update on the baby.

Laken said...

Praying now. This is so sad. Breaks my heart. I swear I come by more and more blogs with sick little babies. I am so thankful. Counting my blessings, and praying for this family.