Thursday, August 28, 2008

Referring to the Bible when there is No other...

I should have done this first but being of the human nature, trying EVERYTHING on my own was my first instinct, and sure enough my idea hasn't worked yet.

These past few weeks I have been thinking hard about some of my relationships that have gone "sour." I have asked many people for advice. Although, they have given me great advice, I still have a void in my heart on what I should do or say.

I know that I have done some horrible things in the past to people that I have called my friends. I don't know of one person who has been perfect in every one of their relationships. Whether you think you have or not, I think we all know deep down inside that we have wronged someone in some way or another. My betrayals and hurt of others has been weighing heavily on my heart lately. I have talked to some that have agreed that the "past is the past" and everything is alright, but then they are the others that are bound and determined to not talk about things (which is fine)...I have been called malicious and untrustworthy by some, and that more than anything in this world, hurts me. I have NEVER been called those names. And whomever came up with the quote, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me," has obviously never been called this. I have given my all for weeks, but I still get called (indirectly and not to my face) some very hateful names.

And so telling that, this morning I decided that nothing anyone says anymore compares to what I can find in the Bible. I have found and read so many passages that talked about bitterness and quarreling and also most importantly, comfort. I think I have made peace with myself about these situations. As corny as it may sound, I feel that God gave me this situation in order for me to turn to him for guidance, not the "world."

I really wanted to share with you the verses that I read this morning, in hopes that if you are struggling in your relationships you will see that if you give your all and nothing happens that it is your fault...

Hebrews 12:14-15

14 Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. 15 See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.

Ephesians 4:1-6

As a prisoner for the Lord,
then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received
2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient,
bearing, with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of
the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit-
just as you were called to one hope when you were called-
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all,
who is over all and through all and in all.


2 Corinthians 1:3-7

Praise be to God and Father of our Lord Jess Christ,
the Father of compassion and the God of comfort,
4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort
those in any trouble with the comfort we received from God.
5 For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives,
so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

6
. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation;
if we are comforted, it is for your comfort,
which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer.

7
And our hope for you is firm, share in our sufferings,
so also you share in our comfort.


Note To Everyone: This post is NOT intended to start "drama," (which I try my dead level best to avoid at all cost) it is merely my way of venting about MY situation to a general public. If you take offense to it then I am sorry. I just have a lot on my mind. I am just clearing my conscience of anything and everything negative and strictly focusing on my family and their well-being...

1 comment:

My journey as a Wife, Mother, Sister and Friend said...

I LOVE this blog jenny..You and I sure have been thru alot together..It hasn't always been sunshine that is for sure..I think that is why our friendship is so strong..Is because we work our issues out like ADULTS and then it is over..I am thankful for those rough times, how else would we learn from our mistakes and so on..So THANK YOU for everything, the good, the bad and everything in between!! I love ya girlie!!