Monday, June 2, 2008

My Dad


Ok, everyone these are my parents...Jimmy and Cynthia Donaldson. About 6 years ago my dad was diagnosed with Basal Cell Carcinoma skin cancer. He gets regular routine checkups each year because of this and the fact that his mother died from Melanoma.

People that are light skinned should get checked regularly, if you are out in the sun or get in the tanning bed. It could be very dangerous!!

Anyway to my point...My parents went to Searcy, where his dermatologist is, to get three mysterious spots looked at...They cut one place off his shoulder and froze two off his face...I am sure they will do a biopsy on the one from his shoulder. So please just keep him in your prayers...He has so many spots on his body that there is no way they can get rid of all of them..Thank you

5 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

I have to say as far as skin coloration that could be me and my husband standing there.Everyone has always called Jamies complexion "ruddy" toned and I am olive complected-

I worry about it with him too.I hope everything turns out well!!!!

The Perry Family said...

Definately thinking about him. I, myself, had one taken off my head 2 weeks ago and have 2 more (1 on leg, and 1 on shoulder) that I'm getting taken off next Thursday. Something I never though of when I was getting burned all those times when I was younger. I just knew I wanted to be tan and not "clorox" white, which is what one guy called me in high school!

Piece of Cake said...

Thanks for helping me try to name my non-existent business. I'll keep your father in my prayers.

Mindy said...

I'll be praying for him!

Mom of these kids said...

Man, I am behind on reading your blog. Sorry about that! Have you heard the results from your dad's tests?? I hope he is o.k. I will be praying for him!